About > Mission.php > Mission, Vision & Values
Mission, Vision & Values
The Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Faculty Development promotes our University's mission through the development of faculty across all career stages and areas of professional responsibility.
We support faculty in teaching, mentoring, scholarship, service, and work/life balance to advance the art and science of teaching and learning through our comprehensive facilities and resources, creative and relevant initiatives, and expert staff.
The Center is committed to the University's mission of creating a more just and humane society. In so doing, we value
- a holistic model of faculty development responding to the unique interests, needs, and expertise of the Xavier community;
- a nonjudgmental, safe, collaborative, and supportive environment for faculty to think, experiment, work, and thrive in creative and diverse ways;
- self-reflection, continuous improvement, and life-long learning;
- assessment as a means to improve the work of the Center;
- broad-based involvement of faculty and staff in our decision-making process; and
- the dissemination of our policies, processes, models, and outcomes.
In addition, we adopt the ethical guidelines of the Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education to inform our work.
Adopted January 2015
Authored by the Mission Values Program Committee
Let us know what you think about this webpage, "Mission, Vision & Values."
See also: Previous mission statements | About CAT
Last modified: 07/22/2017 07:05 pm
Validate this page
Maintained by Bart Everson
CAT+FD home page • Contact CAT+FD