International Education Across the Curriculum
A September 11th Epilogue
The events of September 11th have profoundly increased our awareness that students and faculty alike must have an understanding of the global nature of life in the 21st Century. Students want to understand and discuss global events, and so do faculty. The difficulty is that the latter are often constrained by syllabi and curricula and do not find it easy to accommodate international discussion in their classes.
This workshop will present faculty with ideas for introducing international understanding into courses, discuss central international issues, facilitate faculty discussion of their particular needs and perceived limitations, and explore opportunities for gathering useful information.
1. To outline the need for infusing international education into the curriculum in the wake of transformational events like September 11th
2. To afford participants an opportunity to discuss their concerns since September 11th and ways in which they can make issues and events since then relevant to their courses and student learning
3. To present faculty with tools for conducting research that will facilitate the application of international material into coursework.
Faculty who have found ways to harmonize teaching and current international issues should come prepared to share their experiences and gain new ideas from presenters. Those who would like to incorporate international education into their courses should come prepared to discuss their disciplines and benefit from the experiences of presenters and other colleagues.
- Led by: Drs. Pamela Waldron-Moore, William Serban, and Olethia Davis
- Date: Thursday, February 21, 2002
- Time: 4:15 - 6:15 PM
- Location: Library Room 502
- Sponsor: Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Political Science Department
Note: Dinner will be provided.
To register: Please e-mail email@example.com or call Arriana at ext. #7512.
Tags: internationalization, dinner, curriculum
Event ID: 00051
Remember: Bring your water bottle to CAT+FD events. We'll supply the H2O.