Infusing a Global Perspective in Our Courses
Students as Global Citizens
Fifteen HBCU and ACA (Appalachian College Association) institutions were invited to participate in the Mellon Fellow Community Initiative held in Salzburg recently. The collaboration aimed at advancing projects and strategies to increase awareness of global citizenship in the classrooms and on campus. Xavier Uniersity of Louisiana participated in the project. We invite you to join a campus discussion to learn about the project and share your ideas.
* Discuss the importance of global citizenship for our students
* Learn what Xavier is already doing in this area
* Share ways that you cover these issues in your courses
- Led by: Pamela Waldron-Moore (Political Science), Elizabeth Yost Hammer (CAT/Psychology)
- Date: Thursday, February 14, 2008
- Time: 12:15 - 1:05 PM
- Location: Library, Room 501
- Sponsor: CAT
- More info: http://cat.xula.edu
Note: Lunch will be provided.
To register: email@example.com or call Olivia Crum (ext7512)
Tags: pedagogy, internationalization, lunch
Event ID: 00948