What's New in Blackboard Version 9.1?
Blackboard (Bb) will be upgraded to version 9.1 during the break between the fall and spring semesters. The new version of Blackboard 9.1 adds exciting new features and a completely redesigned, modern Web 2.0 user interface. In this hands-on workshop you can see Bb 9.1 in action.
New features of version 9.1 include:
- Course Wikis
- Blogs and Journals
- Group Tools
- Mash-ups (integrate Web 2.0 resources from youtube, slideshare, and flickr)
- Changes to support instructor efficiency
- simplified management of course content
- improved grading
- create assessments in less time
- improvements in monitoring student activity and progress
- Enhanced Assignment tool (group assignments available)
Note: The digital dropbox is no longer available in version 9.1. The Assignment tool replaces the digital dropbox.
- Led by: Janice Florent (CAT)
- Date: Thursday, November 11, 2010
- Time: 12:15 - 1:45 PM
- Location: Library, Room 532A
- Sponsor: Center for the Advancement of Teaching
Note: Visit our website for additional Blackboard workshops or contact Janice Florent. Blackboard How-to guides are available. Also visit Blackboard Bits, Bytes, and Nibbles for Blackboard Tips.
To register: Lunch will be provided. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext 7512.
Event ID: 01080
Remember: Bring your water bottle to CAT+FD events. We'll supply the H2O.