Publish & Flourish 2:00
Become a Prolific Scholar
Increase your productivity by a factor of three. Write prose that participants report is "clearer, simpler, better organized, and more compelling." Learn to work smarter, not harder.
Many scholarly writers are educated at the School of Hard Knocks, but it's not the only school, or even the best. Much is known about how to become a better, more prolific scholar and anybody can. Research points to specific steps scholars can take including:
* Write daily for 15-30 minutes
* Revise paragraphs around key sentences and papers around lists of key sentences
* Solicit the right feedback from the right colleagues and make effective use of feedback
What participants say:
"Your methods changed my writing life. For the four years before the workshop, I wrote or revised 44 pages a year, but in the four years after, I wrote or revised 220 pages per year--five times as much!"
"In all honesty, you probably have provided me with all the tools I need to get tenure and even a full professorship."
Every scholar can become more prolific. What are you waiting for?
- Led by: Dr. Tara Gray (New Mexico State University) Dr. Gray has used these steps to publish three books, including Publish & Flourish: Become a Prolific Scholar. She has presented workshops to more than 8,000 scholars in 100 institutions.
- Date: Friday, April 17, 2015
- Time: 2:00 - 4:00 PM
- Location: Virtual
- Sponsor: CAT, Text and Academic Authors
- More info: http://www.taaonline.net/
Note: Space is limited! RSVP required.
To register: Please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: outside speaker, scholarly writing
Event ID: 01338