You can easily insert images, videos, and other media into your Brightspace course using the "Insert Stuff" option within the HTML Editor. Insert Stuff allows you to embed or link to content items and place them within your Brightspace course. Insert Stuff is available anywhere in the course where the HTML Editor is available. This includes content item descriptions, announcements, discussions, assignments, quizzes, surveys.
Depending upon your needs, Insert Stuff allows you to upload and insert media in the following ways:
- Upload a file from your computer
- Insert a file from within your Course Offering Files
- Insert a file from within your Brightspace ePortfolio
- Create and insert a Video Note (webcam recording)
- Insert a Youtube video via Youtube Search within Insert Stuff window
- Insert an image file via Flickr Search within the Insert Stuff window
- Enter a URL where your media file exists
- Insert a media file by using the Enter Embed Code option
- Insert media via a Mediasite Lecture Capture search
The next time you are contemplating using media in your courses, try inserting stuff.
Are you looking for images to use in your courses? Check out my Free Image Sites and Tools for Educators blog post.
Follow these steps to do it.
To insert stuff:
- In the HTML Editor, place your cursor where you want to insert the media and then click the Insert Stuff button.
- Choose the media type you want to insert and follow the prompts.
Want more information?
View all the Brightspace training recaps
Brightspace Known Issues
Continuous Delivery release notes
Request a sandbox course
Sign-up for Brightspace training sessions
You can find Brightspace help at D2L's website.
Join the Brightspace Community.
Try these Brightspace How-To documents.
Visit our Brightspace FAQs for additional Brightspace information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.
Note: Are you doing something innovative in Brightspace or perhaps you've discovered a handy tip? Share how you are using Brightspace in your teaching and learning in The Orange Room.