The #1 Brightspace complaint we hear from students is that faculty don't post their grades online. When students don’t receive meaningful and timely feedback about their coursework, they are unable to make the necessary adjustments to improve their performance.
This week’s "Grade Book and College Readiness" training session focused on 1) why using the Grade Book to provide students with their standing in the course is important and 2) how to setup and enter grades in the Grade Book.
In case you missed this week’s training session or if you attended the training session and want to recap what was covered, you can review these resources:
- Homework that was to be completed before the workshop
- Workshop Recording and Slides
- Resources referenced during the workshop
- Brightspace Grades Tool
- Grades Tool Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
- Understanding the Grades Tool (video)
- Create a Grading System
- Create a Grade Scheme (video)
- Create a Grade Book Category (video)
- Create a Grade Item (video)
- Bonus Points
- Extra Credit
- Associate an Activity with a Grade Item (video)
- Enter Grades (video)
- Create Grade Exemptions (video)
- Delete Grade Items with Associations (video)
- Troubleshoot Final Grades (video)
- Export Grades (video)
- Adjust Final Grades
- Release Final Grades
- Scenario: Final calculated grade using Weighted system
- Understanding the Final Calculated Grade (pdf)
- Grades FAQ
- Final Grades FAQ
Want more information?
View all the Brightspace training recaps
Brightspace Known Issues
Continuous Delivery release notes
Request a sandbox course
Sign-up for Brightspace training sessions
You can find Brightspace help at D2L's website.
Join the Brightspace Community.
Try these Brightspace How-To documents.
Visit our Brightspace FAQs for additional Brightspace information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.
Note: Are you doing something innovative in Brightspace or perhaps you've discovered a handy tip? Share how you are using Brightspace in your teaching and learning in The Orange Room.