Use due dates in Brightspace to help students stay on track. Students will see due dates when they look at entries in the course calendar.
Due dates and availability dates are generally entered when the instructor creates assignments, assessments, discussion topics and forums, etc. The dates automatically populate into the course calendar.
Instructors can use the Manage Dates tool to view, edit in bulk, and bulk offset date availability from one central location. You can also set the calendar status of all content topics and modules, discussion topics and forums, assignment submissions folders, grades categories and items, announcement items, quizzes, checklists, and surveys in their course in the Manage Dates tool.
Course objects display in a grid that you can sort by any of the column headings. You can also use the Type column to sort the Manage Dates page based on the tool-specific order and use advanced filter options to work with smaller sets of objects. If you filter your course objects, any bulk changes you make apply only to the filtered results. This enables you to update multiple availability dates based on specific criteria.
In addition to managing dates, you can open each course object in a new window by clicking on its name. This launches the object's edit page where you can edit additional properties for that object without leaving the Manage Dates tool.
The Manage Dates tool can be very useful after a course copy. For example, if you copied content from one course into another course, you can use the Manage Dates tool to easily adjust dates after the course copy. Additionally, if you've entered dates on items in your course and later need to adjust dates in bulk, try using the Manage Dates tool.
Follow these steps to do it.
To add availability and due dates in Content:
- Get into the course you want to add availability and due dates to course objects.
- On the NavBar (of the course you want to change dates in), click Content.
- On the Table of Contents page, click Bulk Edit.
- For any topic or module that you want to add availability or due dates to, click Add dates and restrictions.
- Do any of the following:
- Click Add start date. Enter your start date details.
- Click Add due date. Enter your due date details.
- Click Add end date. Enter your end date details.
- Click Update.
- Click Done Editing.
To edit dates in bulk:
- Get into the course you want to change the dates of course objects.
- On the NavBar (of the course you want to change dates in), click Course Admin.
- Click Manage Dates.
- Select the check box of the items for which you want to bulk edit dates.
- Click Bulk Edit Dates.
- In the Bulk Edit Dates dialog box, update the due dates and availability dates.
- Click Save.
Want More Information?
Add availability and due dates in Content
About Manage Dates
Bulk edit dates in Manage Dates
Offset dates in Manage Dates
Manage Dates - Offset Dates (video)
View all the Brightspace training recaps
Brightspace Known Issues
Continuous Delivery release notes
Request a sandbox course
Sign-up for Brightspace training sessions
You can find Brightspace help at D2L's website.
Join the Brightspace Community.
Try these Brightspace How-To documents.
Visit our Brightspace FAQs for additional Brightspace information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.