Services > Service-Learning Assistance
Learn to design your course or assignment around community service.
Service-learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.
Service-learning . . .
- attempts to create positive change in both service recipients (community partners) and providers (students).
- adapts to individual disciplines, courses, and assignments.
- requires students to reflect on how their service contributes to their understanding of course content.
- contributes to Xavier's social justice mission.
- is deeply needed in post-Katrina New Orleans.
Get assistance with implementing service-learning projects into your existing courses, designing new courses around service-learning, assessing and revising current service-learning projects, or designing research projects around your service-learning.
If you are interested in the above service, please contact:
Last modified: 01/4/2016 12:31 pm
Validate this page
Maintained by Bart Everson
CAT+FD home page • Contact CAT+FD