About > SPIG > Minutes > SPIG Minutes for Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004
SPIG Minutes for Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004
Attendants: Elizabeth Anne Barron, Deborah Bordelon, Bart Everson, Michelle B. Falgoust, Susan Fredine, and Todd Stanislav.
The minutes of the 5-24-04 conference call and 5-28-04 meeting were reviewed and approved.
The group continued its discussion of "Values" section of Center's mission-programs-values document:
Susan pointed out that the wording of the "values" statements did not necessarily reflect the welcoming, supportive atmosphere of the Center.
The group began with the list of values it generated at the previous meeting. The members grouped like value statements together, including:
- non-judgmental, safe place, freedom to experiment, try new things, and freedom to fail
- creativity and innovation
- the whole person, holistic approach, and life-long learning and development
- learn about pedagogy, feedback
- facilitates faculty scholarship of teaching for evaluative purposes, and effective assessment and its role in the teaching and learning process
The group then turned its attention to the original list from draft 6 of the Center's mission-programs-values document. This list was modified.
Todd will compile the suggestions and draft a new list of value statements.
-- Minutes respectfully submitted by Michelle Falgoust,
Administrative Assistant in the Center for the Advancement of Teaching
Let us know what you think about this webpage, "SPIG Minutes for Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004."
Last modified: 01/4/2016 12:42 pm
Validate this page
Maintained by Bart Everson
CAT+FD home page • Contact CAT+FD