Using Clickers for Student Engagement
This workshop introduces pedagogical and technological components that will help instructors develop in-class activities that engage students and provide them with opportunities to think critically and test their understanding about what they are learning.
Workshop topics include:
* Best practices when implementing clickers
* Writing good clicker questions
* Utilizing "peer instruction" and other types of questions
* Assigning different kinds of points for answering questions
In this workshop, we will discuss H-ITT clickers, as well as the Plickers mobile app which lets the instructor use a mobile device to collect student responses without the need for student devices.
Faculty interested in getting the most out of using clickers are invited to register for this pedagogy workshop. This workshop is ideal for faculty who are interested learning more about using clickers for student engagement and formative assessment as well as faculty who are already using clickers in the classroom.
- Led by: Dr. Elizabeth Yost Hammer (CAT and Psychology) and Ms. Janice Florent (CAT)
- Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2015
- Time: Noon - 12:50 PM
- Location: Mellon Seminar Room (Library room 532B)
To register: Please RSVP to email@example.com. Lunch will be provided to those who RSVP.