Retaining and Advancing Women into STEM Academic Leadership
Kecia M. Thomas is a Professor of Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology and African-American Studies and the founding director of the Center for Research and Engagement in Diversity (RED) at the University of Georgia. Dr. Thomas currently serves as the Senior Associate Dean in the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences at UGA. Her portfolio includes all aspects of Faculty Affairs including the recruitment, selection, evaluation, promotion/tenure, and advancement of faculty. She will speak to us about issues related to advancing women in academic careers. Although her focus will be on STEM, her presentation will be useful for all faculty interested in this topic.
- Led by: Dr. Kecia M. Thomas, University of Georgia
- Date: Friday, November 8, 2019
- Time: Noon - 1:00 PM
- Location: Mellon Seminar Room (LRC 532B)
- Sponsor: NSF ADVANCE; CAT+FD
- More info: https://www.franklin.uga.edu/directory/people/kecia-thomas