Preparing Mentors and Advisors at Xavier (P-MAX)
P-MAX is a program that is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to mentor and advise undergraduate students, especially those engaged in research. Ultimately, the goal of P-MAX is to assist faculty in developing effective relationships with their mentees. Topics for discussion and exchange of ideas include:
- setting goals and expectations
- cultural awareness
- strategies for identifying and resolving
- mentor roles and responsibilities
- mentoring philosophy
- strategies for facilitating mentoring
- case studies to reflect on and put
learning into practice
To register: Please register to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event ID: 01624
Remember: Bring your water bottle to CAT+FD events. We'll supply the H2O.