Trauma-Informed Pedagogy: Rationale and Key Principles
Dr. Stacy Overstreet is Professor in the Department of Psychology at Tulane University and a founding member of the New Orleans Trauma-Informed Schools Learning Collaborative. She will present the philosophy and framework of trauma-informed pedagogy, by addressing the following questions:
- What is trauma?
- What is trauma awareness (for students and faculty)?
- What is trauma-informed pedagogy?
Participants will then discuss the implications of this framework for our own teaching, advising, and mentoring at Xavier during a global pandemic and social unrest.
- Led by: Dr. Stacy Overstreet (Tulane University)
- Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2020
- Time: 4:30 - 5:30 PM
- Location: Virtual
- Sponsor: NSF ADVANCE/CAT+FD
Tags: trauma, pedagogy, guest speaker
Event ID: 02031