Writing in the Disciplines: From XCOR 1000 to XCOR 3000
This is a CCE workshop.
With the new core beginning in Fall 2018, Xavier will be offering the new XCOR classes:
* In the fall, all incoming first-year students will take XCOR 1000, a 1-hour course that will introduce them to college life.
* In the spring, all first-year students will choose to enroll in a section of either XCOR 1011 & 1012, 3-hour courses developed by faculty around engaging topics.
* During their junior years, students choose to take two XCOR 3XXX classes, 3-hour topical courses that will help them integrate all of their learning.
All of the XCOR classes will help our students develop and strengthen their writing skills, but at very different levels. This hands-on workshop will provide faculty with examples of the kinds of writing assignments that can be designed and incorporated into these different classes.
- Led by: Dr. Jason Todd (English); Dr. Richard Peters (Business
- Date: Monday, January 29, 2018
- Time: 3:30 - 4:30 PM
- Location: Mellon Seminar Room - LRC 532B
- More info: http://www.xula.edu/cas/cce
Tags: CCE, WAC, WID, writing, X-core
Event ID: 01667
Remember: Bring your water bottle to CAT+FD events. We'll supply the H2O.