CAT is seeking a new host for the next season of our podcast, Teaching, Learning, and Everything Else (a finalist for the POD Network Innovation Award). Each episode features a conversation with a teacher in higher education, and topics have ranged from humor in the classroom to grade inflation.
A well-qualified host is someone who is:
- passionate about teaching and learning,
- interested in the practices and philosophies of colleagues around the world,
- comfortable speaking on the phone with strangers, and
- not afraid to hear his or her own voice on a recording.
- working with CAT’s Media Artist, Bart Everson, to identify potential interviewees,
- contacting candidates to arrange interviews, and
- recording eight interviews over the course of the academic year.
Rewards are many. The podcast host will learn a lot about the current state of the art of teaching. A $500 honorarium will be awarded.
Past hosts have included Ray Lang, Alexios Moore, and Elizabeth Hammer. If you are interested in joining these illustrious ranks, apply today. Simply drop a line to CAT’s Media Artist indicating your interest.