Brightspace Drop-in Session
Are you short on time? Do you need help with Brightspace? Do you want a Brightspace refresher? If you have attended an Introduction to Brightspace training session or you are familiar with Brightspace, you should stop by this Drop-in session to get your specific questions answered.
Faculty can receive individualized help during this Brightspace Drop-in session. This session's format is open, providing an opportunity for faculty to receive one-on-one help with Brightspace. You can get help on topics such as uploading files; creating modules and adding content; setting up discussion forums; creating links to webpages or online resources; setting up online quizzes and surveys; using release conditions to keep students on track; setting up your grade book; and copying content from one course to another.
To get the most out of the Drop-in Session, you should be familiar with navigating in Brightspace. If you are not familiar with navigating in Brightspace, you should review the recaps from past Brightspace Training sessions before attending the Drop-in session. Here is a list of the training recaps:
- Brightspace Tip #5: Introduction to Brightspace Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #6: Keep Students Engaged Between Class Meetings Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #8: Assignments Tool Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #9: Using Turnitin for Plagiarism Detection Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #10: Tests and Surveys Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #11: Grades and Rubrics Tools Training Recap**
- Brightspace Tip #13: Virtual Classrooms and Video Assignments Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #15: Quick Start Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #21: Checklists and Self-Assessments Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #23: Grades Tool Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #27: Gamify Your Courses Training Recap
**NOTE: Brightspace Tip #23 has additional/updated training information on the Grades Tool.
You will be able to use one of the computers in our computer lab for the training. However, feel free to bring your own laptop, tablet, and/or smart phone so you can explore and build content in the Brightspace environment!
Also, please feel free to bring course material that you would like to upload into Brightspace.
The course material should be on a USB drive or other digital format.
- Led by: Ms. Janice Florent (CAT+FD)
- Date: Friday, August 17, 2018
- Time: 9:00 - 11:00 AM
- Location: Xavier South Training Lab, XUS Room 620
- Sponsor: CAT+FD
Note: If you are new to Brightspace, you should plan to attend this Brightspace Quick Start Training Session where the format is more structured and designed to assist faculty who have not used Brightspace before.
Visit our website for additional Brightspace workshops or contact Janice Florent. Brightspace How-to guides are available. Also visit Brightspace Small Plates for Brightspace Tips.
To register: Registration is not necessary. Drop in anytime between 9 am and 11 am.
Tags: Brightspace, mobile
Event ID: 01707
See also: upcoming | past | subscribe | tags