Brightspace Virtual Drop-in Session
Are you short on time? Do you want a Brightspace refresher? Do you want to get help with those nagging Brightspace questions from the comfort of your office or home? If you have attended an Introduction to Brightspace training session or you are familiar with Brightspace, you should attend this virtual Drop-in session to get your specific questions answered.
Faculty can receive individualized help during this Brightspace Drop-in session. This session's format is open, providing an opportunity for faculty to receive one-on-one help with Brightspace. You can get help on topics such as uploading files; creating modules and adding content; setting up discussion forums; creating links to webpages or online resources; setting up online quizzes and surveys; using release conditions to keep students on track; setting up your grade book; and copying content from one course to another.
To get the most out of the Drop-in Session, you should be familiar with navigating in Brightspace. If you are not familiar with navigating in Brightspace, you should review the recaps from past Brightspace Training sessions before attending the Drop-in session. Here is a list of the training recaps:
- Brightspace Tip #5: Introduction to Brightspace Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #6: Keep Students Engaged Between Class Meetings Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #8: Assignments Tool Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #9: Using Turnitin for Plagiarism Detection Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #10: Tests and Surveys Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #11: Grades and Rubrics Tools Training Recap**
- Brightspace Tip #13: Virtual Classrooms and Video Assignments Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #15: Quick Start Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #21: Checklists and Self-Assessments Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #23: Grades Tool Training Recap
- Brightspace Tip #27: Gamify Your Courses Training Recap
**Brightspace Tip #23 has additional/updated training information on the Grades Tool.
Note: This Drop-in session will be held virtually. Drop-in anytime between 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm on Monday, Aug 20, 2018. Click this link to join the Brightspace Virtual Drop-in Session.
If you are not familiar with Zoom Web Conferencing, please view this short Join A Meeting video [0:53] for help on joining a Zoom session. You should test your system well in advance of the drop-in session to make sure your system will work properly.
- Led by: Ms. Janice Florent (CAT+FD)
- Date: Monday, August 20, 2018
- Time: 1:00 - 3:00 PM
- Location: Use the URL below to log in.
- Sponsor: CAT+FD
- More info: https://zoom.us/j/878273580
Note: If you are new to Brightspace, you should plan to attend this Brightspace Quick Start Training Sessions where the format is more structured and designed to assist faculty who have not used Brightspace before.
Visit our website for additional Brightspace workshops or contact Janice Florent. Brightspace How-to guides are available. Also visit Brightspace Small Plates for Brightspace Tips.
To register: Registration is not necessary. Drop in anytime between 1 pm and 3 pm.