by Karen Nichols
Hi Everyone and welcome back for the fall 2014 semester! Here is a timely reminder of the various ways CAT can support your online/hybrid courses (and even technology-infused face to face courses).
- One to one sessions on using technology such as Blackboard, plus one to one sessions on the pedagogy of online teaching--please contact Janice Florent, email@example.com, for Blackboard help and Karen Nichols, firstname.lastname@example.org, for pedagogical assistance with your courses
- Workshops, presentations and panel discussions about online teaching including accessibility, student conduct and providing quality feedback--please see our CAT events
- CAT's Online Faculty Resource Center, an organization in Blackboard to which you can subscribe by emailing Janice Florent, email@example.com, or Karen Nichols, firstname.lastname@example.org (If you use the Bb Mobile app on your mobile device, you'll be notified each time new content is added)
- ETC (Educational Technology Community), Xavier's special interest group that meets virtually throughout the academic year and which you can join by emailing Karen Nichols, email@example.com
- Camtasia Studio--please contact Bart Everson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information
- Books on best practices of teaching online that can be checked out--please ask Ms. Olivia Crum, email@example.com, to check them out
- Resources on this blog page dedicated to Blackboard and other technology used
If you're interested in learning more about any of these items, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org; 504-520-7512 We'll be delighted to assist you--wishing everyone a great fall semester!