A Smart View is a focused look at the Grade Center. It shows only the columns that match a set of criteria, and the view is saved for continued use. Smart Views are useful to quickly find data when the Grade Center includes a great number of students and columns. A Smart View is especially helpful if you have merged multiple sections of a course into one Blackboard course and you want to keep the students organized by their assigned section.
Several Smart Views are available by default, but you can also create your own. You can easily move between the Full Grade Center view and any of the available Smart Views. You can set a Smart View as the default view of the Grade Center and change it at any time.
Follow these steps to do it.
To create a Smart View you should:
- Goto the [Control Panel] for the course and click on [Grade Center] to expand it. Click on [Full Grade Center].
- Roll your mouse over the [Manage] button and click on [Smart Views] in the drop-down menu.
- Click the [Create Smart View] button.
- Enter a name for the Smart View.
- Optionally, you can mark the Smart View as a favorite by checking the Add as Favorite box.
- Select the type of Smart View you want to create and select the criteria for the Smart View.
- You can optionally select a filter for results and include hidden information in the grade data.
- Click [Submit].
To access the Grade Center using a Smart View you should:
- Goto the [Control Panel] for the course and click on [Grade Center] to expand it.
- If you saved the Smart View as a favorite you can click on the Smart View to open it.
Click on [Full Grade Center].
Roll your mouse over the [Manage] button and click on [Smart Views] in the drop-down menu.
On the Smart Views page, click a Smart View title to open the Grade Center with the appropriate Smart View columns.
Note: You can also use the Grade Center's Filter function and a selected Smart View to narrow your view of the Grade Center.
Want more information?
Creating Smart Views [Video].
Using Smart Views in the Grade Center.
Explore Blackboard’s On Demand Learning Center.
Try these Blackboard How-To documents.
Visit the Blackboard FAQs for additional blackboard information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.