You can use the course calendar to provide students with dates for course-related events. Instructors can create events on their respective course calendars. Everyone who is enrolled in the course will see the course-related events in their calendar.
The calendar displays a consolidated view of all institution, course, organization, and personal calendar events. You can view events by day, week, or month. Color coding makes it easy to distinguish which course each event is tied to.
Common calendar entries include:
- Instructor office hours
- Due dates for assignments
- Guest speakers
Course items with due dates are automatically created in the course calendar. If an instructor edits an item to change the due date, the calendar gets updated as well.
Drag and drop works in the calendar. Instructors can drag and drop an item onto a new date to change the due date.
As a shortcut to view, edit, or grade attempts for an item, instructors can simply click on the item in the calendar.
You cannot import external calendars into Blackboard. However, you can import your Bb Learn calendar into an external calendar application (i.e., Google Calendar, iCal).
Follow these steps to do it.
To create a new event on the course calendar:
- On the calendar, click the plus (+) to create a new event or click a specific date to create an event.
- Type the New Event Name.
- Select the course calendar to associate the event to.
- Select the Start and End times.
- Type the Event Description.
- Click [Save].
To add a course item with a due date to the course calendar:
- When you create items with due dates, the calendar event automatically appears on the course calendar. Content items with adaptive release and availability rules are shown on the calendar at the appropriate time, ensuring that the release of an item on the course calendar is in sync with the availability rules you set.
To edit or delete an event:
- Click the event to edit or delete it. OR
Click and drag the event to another date in the main view (or on the smaller monthly view) to change the due date of the event. The time of the event and calendar it is associated with remain the same.
If the event is a course item that has date availability rules set, you should edit the item to adjust the availability dates.
Want more information?
Working with the Calendar
Using the Blackboard Calendar (video)
Explore Blackboard’s On Demand Learning Center.
Check out help for instructors at help.blackboard.com.
Try these Blackboard How-To documents.
Visit the Blackboard FAQs for additional blackboard information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.