Use the Assignment Tool to help you set and manage deadlines, unclutter your inbox, and save trees.
The Assignment Tool is an efficient way to manage and collect your student's individual and group assignments digitally. Blackboard's Assignment Tool allows instructors to create a secure location for students to submit class assignments.
Instructors use the Grade Center to monitor the submission process, to view and/or download submitted work, to compose and send confidential feedback to students and to grade the assignment. Instructors can download all of a particular assignment’s student submitted files in a single zip file. In the download zip file, each student submitted file will be renamed automatically to include the assignment’s name, the student’s username, as well as the filename the student originally submitted.
A number of options are available when creating an assignment using the Assignment Tool:
- Assignment Files - allows instructors to attach supplemental information
- Assignment Availability - allows instructors to create assignments in advance
- Assignment Submissions (attempts) – allows for multiple or unlimited submissions
- Date and Time Restrictions - allows instructors to decide when students can access the assignment
- Individual or Group Assignments – allows instructors to choose who has access to assignment
- Tracking Statistics - track the number of views and by whom
Want more information?
Getting Started with Assignments (PDF)
Working with Assignments
How to submit assignments (video [2:28])
Explore Blackboard’s On Demand Learning Center.
Check out help for instructors at help.blackboard.com.
Try these Blackboard How-To documents.
Visit the Blackboard FAQs for additional blackboard information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.