As an instructor, you want to be confident that your course is well designed and functions as intended—before your students see it.
With Student Preview, instructors can navigate their courses just as their students would. While in Student Preview mode, instructors can perform student activities such as:
- Submit assignments
- Take tests
- Create blog and discussion posts
- Create journal and wiki entries
- View student tools, such as My Grades
You can use Student Preview to review the course content and validate the course behaviors, such as those that control the availability of course content or require a particular interaction from the student to be triggered.
The Student Preview feature provides a new button that appears in the breadcrumb bar next to the course Themes and Edit Mode buttons and is shaped like an eye.
Note: Now with the new Student Preview feature available, test students are no longer needed. The “Add Test Student” course tool was removed as well as all test student accounts.
Follow these steps to do it.
To Enter Student Preview Mode:
- Select the Enter Student Preview function. You will see a student preview bar at the top of every page letting you know you are in student preview mode.
To Exit Student Preview Mode:
- Press the Exit button on the student preview bar that appears at the top of the page.
Want more information?
Watch a video about Student Preview [2:23].
Using Student Preview.
Try these Blackboard How-To documents.
Explore Blackboard’s On Demand Learning Center.
Visit our Blackboard FAQs for additional blackboard information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.