The Assignment Tool is an efficient way to manage and collect your student's individual and group assignments digitally. Blackboard's Assignment Tool allows faculty to create a secure location for students to submit class assignments. Faculty use the Grade Center to monitor the submission process, to view and/or download submitted work, to compose and send confidential feedback to students and to grade the assignment. Faculty can download all of a particular assignment’s student submitted files in a single zip file. In the download zip file, each student submitted file will be renamed automatically to include the assignment’s name, the student’s username, as well as the filename the student originally submitted.
A number of options are available when creating an assignment using the Assignment Tool:
- Assignment Files - allows faculty to attach supplemental information
- Assignment Availability - allows faculty to create assignments in advance
- Assignment Submissions (attempts) – allows for multiple or unlimited submissions
- Date and Time Restrictions - allows faculty to decide when students can access the assignment
- Individual or Group Assignments – allows faculty to choose who has access to assignment
- Tracking Statistics - track the number of views and by whom
Use the Assignment Tool to help you set and manage deadlines, unclutter your inbox, and save trees.
Want more information?
Step-by-step instructions are available for faculty [PDF].
Step-by-step instructions are available to show students how to submit assignments [Video].
Explore Blackboard's On Demand Learning Center [HTML].
Blackboard How-To documents [HTML]
Visit the Blackboard FAQs for additional blackboard information
or email or call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418