The beginning of the semester is a good time to get started using Blackboard. Blackboard courses are automatically created using the course information in Banner a few weeks before the start of the semester. You can post your syllabus, course documents, and announcements to your Blackboard courses. You can also customize your course menu and/or add a course banner.
If you teach a course that is cross listed you will have a Blackboard course for each cross listing. You can combine the cross listed courses into one Blackboard course so that you can post course materials and grades to one combined Blackboard course. Combining courses may also work for you if you are teaching different sections of the same course and would like to have the different sections combined into one Blackboard course so that you can post course documents and grades in the one combined course. The beginning of the semester is the best time to combine your Blackboard courses before you add course material or grades to the courses.
Follow these steps to do it.
Here are links with instructions for
- Merging courses [Web page]
- Hiding old courses from view [Web page]
- Getting started with the course environment [PDF] [Video]
- Course structures and course themes [Web page] [Video]
- Changing the display name for your course [Web page]
- Adding a course banner [Web page]
- Adding items to the course menu [PDF]
- Posting announcements [Web page]
- Copying content into another course [Web page]
Want more information?
Stop by one of the drop-in sessions for one-on-one help.
Explore Blackboard's On Demand Learning Center.
Try these Blackboard How-To documents.
Visit the Blackboard FAQs for additional blackboard information
or email or call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.