"Video Everywhere" is a new feature in the content editor that allows you and your students to:
- Record short YouTube videos on the fly using a webcam and seamlessly embed the video into your course materials, interactions, and feedback.
- Reuse previously recorded YouTube videos by choosing from your own "library" of videos.
Videos are uploaded, processed and stored in YouTube. The videos are uploaded to YouTube as "unlisted" videos. An unlisted video is publicly visible, but not indexed in any search engines. Only people with a link to the video can view it. Videos uploaded through the content editor using "Video Everywhere" will have a link that users in your Blackboard course have access to.
"Video Everywhere" is available in Blackboard wherever the content editor is available. A Google account and YouTube channel are required to use "Video Everywhere."
Follow these steps to do it.
Start by ensuring your Google/YouTube accounts are setup correctly:
- Create a Google account.
- Sign in to YouTube using your Google account credentials.
- Click arrow next to your icon (avatar).
- Click on [My Channel].
- Click [OK] to confirm new YouTube channel.
Note: Setting up your Google account and YouTube channel is something you will do one-time only. You do not have to repeat this process.
To record or use a previously recorded video:
- Click on the [Record from Webcam] button in the content editor.
- Click the [Sign in to YouTube] button. Sign into Google using your credentials.
- Click the [Grant access] button.
- Click the [Record from webcam] button. Optionally, you can click on the "Browse" tab to select a previously recorded video and then follow the prompts.
- In the Adobe Flash Player Settings window, select the "Allow" box to allow access to your webcam.
- Click on the microphone and camera tabs to verify the settings are correct.
- After verifying the microphone and camera settings, click the [Close] button to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings window.
- You may get a message asking to allow access to video camera. If so, click [Allow] and then click [Ok] to the YouTube message.
- You should see yourself in the Webcam Recorder window. Click the [Start Recording] button to record your message.
- When you are done recording click the [Stop Recording] button.
- Click the play button to review the video recording. If necessary, click the [Start over] button to record another video.
- Click the [Upload] button to upload the video to your YouTube channel.
- Choose your playback options and then click on the [Insert] button to insert the video into the content editor.
- You should see a placeholder (frame) for the video in the content editor. You will see the actual video player (or a thumbnail) once you click Submit to save the information. If you don’t see the video, click on the refresh button to refresh the Blackboard page.
Want more information?
Getting Started with Video Everywhere [pdf] [video].
Step-by-step instructions are available [pdf]
Explore Blackboard’s On Demand Learning Center.
Try these Blackboard How-To documents.
Visit the Blackboard FAQs for additional blackboard information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.