A conversation with Sue Frantz of Highline Community College on technology for teaching and learning.
I have a minor addiction to new technology. But not just any technology. I’m looking for technology (ideally, free) that either makes my job easier or makes it easier for my students to learn.
Links for this episode:
- Technology for Academics (SueFrantz.com)
- Clipboard managers: Ditto (Windows) & CopyLess2 (Mac)
- Text expanders: Phrase Express (Windows & Mac) & TypeIt4Me (Mac)
- Celly (Oops, Celly is shutting down on 28 Feb. 2018.)
Three books Sue recently enjoyed reading:
- Get Well Soon: History's Worst Plagues and the Heroes Who Fought Them by Jennifer Wright
- Nine Who Survived Hiroshima and Nagasaki by Robert Trumbull
- The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine Who Outwitted America's Enemies by Jason Fagone