Instructors can setup the Grade Center to calculate extra credit points. Adding an extra credit column to the Grade Center works well if you use total points to calculate grades. The information to add an extra credit column in this Blackboard tip will NOT work if you weight grades.
Follow these steps to do it.
To create an extra credit column:
- In the Control Panel, click on [Grade Center] and then select [Full Grade Center].
- Click on [Create Column].
- On the Create Grade Column page, enter a name for the column (e.g., Extra Credit).
- Select [Score] from the Primary Display menu.
- Enter 0 for Points Possible.
- Select the [Yes] radio button for Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations.
- Click [Submit].
NOTE: The method described above does not work with weighted grades because weighted grades are based on a 100% total. Generally, if extra credit is available in class with a weighted grade total, the extra credit must be manually calculated.
Want more information?
Extra Credit Columns
Explore Blackboard’s On Demand Learning Center
Try these Blackboard How-To documents
Visit the Blackboard FAQs for additional blackboard information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.