Video Notes is a built-in media recording tool in Brightspace that allows instructors and learners to record short videos (up to 3 minutes) with a webcam. This makes it easy to personalize the learning experience with short, video-based feedback, comments, or instructions. Video Notes can be added where video attachments are supported and when the HTML Editor’s Insert Stuff option is available.
Instructors can use Video Notes to:
- Create a new Topic in Content area
- Add a Description to a Module or a Topic in the Content area
- Create an Announcement
- Provide instructions when creating a Submission Folder for Assignments
- Provide a feedback on students’ Assignments
- Give a description of a new Topic in Discussions or make a post on a Discussion topic
- Give students feedback in the Grade Book
- Compose an email inside of Brightspace
- Anywhere HTML editor is available
Students can use Video Notes in these areas of Brightspace:
- When adding comments to uploaded assignments in a Submission folder
- When posting a new thread or replying on someone’s thread in Discussion topic
- Composing an email inside of Brightspace
Follow these steps to do it.
To create and insert a video note in the HTML Editor:
- In the HTML Editor, click the Insert Stuff icon.
- Click Video Note.
- Select Record Webcam Video, or Upload File.
If Record Webcam Video is selected, follow these steps:
- Click New Recording.
- Record up to 3 minutes of video and click Stop Recording.
- To view the video note, click the play icon.
- If you are satisfied with the video, click Next.
- Enter a title and description for the video note, and click Next.
- Click Insert.
If Upload File is selected, follow these steps:
- Click Choose File and select the file you want to upload from your computer.
- File format must be MP4, FLV, F4V, or MOV, and file size can be no larger than 5.00 MB.
- Click Next, and enter a title and description.
- Click Next, and then Insert.
Want more information?
Create Video Notes
Create and insert a Video Note in HTML Editor
Reuse Video Notes
Understanding the HTML Editor
Add closed captions to a Video Note
Edit Video Notes closed captions
View all the Brightspace training recaps
Brightspace Known Issues
Continuous Delivery release notes
Request a sandbox course
Sign-up for Brightspace training sessions
You can find Brightspace help at D2L's website.
Join the Brightspace Community.
Try these Brightspace How-To documents.
Visit our Brightspace FAQs for additional Brightspace information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.
Note: Are you doing something innovative in Brightspace or perhaps you've discovered a handy tip? Share how you are using Brightspace in your teaching and learning in The Orange Room.
2 thoughts on “Brightspace Tip #102: Video Notes”
Pingback: Brightspace Tip #157: Video Notes – Closed Captions – CAT FooD
Thats great idea. Frankly, I did not know about this video note tool in bright space.