D2L (the company that owns Brightspace) uses Continuous Delivery to update our Brightspace system. The Continuous Delivery model gives us regular monthly updates allowing for incremental and easily integrated changes with no downtime required for our Brightspace system.
Our Continuous Delivery update occurs on the 4th Thursday of each month. D2L provides release notes to help users stay up-to-date with the changes.
Here are a few updates in the November 2018/10.8.7 release that were added to our system this month:
1) Assignments - Anonymous Marking in Brightspace updated
Anonymous marking in Assignments features the following updates:
- Instructors can see a new icon associated with assignments that have anonymous marking enabled
- User names are revealed to instructors once feedback is published
- A Publish All Feedback button is available in assignments with anonymous marking enabled to ensure anonymity when publishing feedback
- Improved confirmation messaging appears to remind instructors to complete feedback for all anonymous users. If Publish All Feedback is selected before providing feedback for all anonymous submissions, the confirmation window will state the number of users with feedback and the total number of users
2) Content - Add new submission types to content updated
The On paper submission and Observed in person submission types available in Assignments can now be added to Content from the Existing Activities menu.
3) Quizzes - Quizzes display in full screen
Quizzes now display in full screen. When a learner clicks Start Quiz, the navbar disappears. This provides additional screen space for the quiz by removing unnecessary navigation elements from view.
4) Video Note - Closed caption support
Users can now add files containing closed captions to their video notes. The captioned text displays when viewing the video note, if users selected the closed caption option.
To add captions, select Video Note Captions from the Admin Tools. Admin Tools are accessed from the cog icon in the top right corner of the page.
More information on how to add closed captions to a video note are available.
If you are interested in getting more information about these and all the November Continuous Delivery updates, refer to the Brightspace Platform November 2018/10.8.7 Release Notes.
Additonally, refer to the Brightspace Release Notes for Continuous Delivery Releases, for details about current, past, and to preview upcoming continuous delivery updates.
Want more information?
View current, past, and preview upcoming Continuous Delivery release notes
View all the Brightspace training recaps
Brightspace Known Issues
Request a sandbox course
Sign-up for Brightspace training sessions
You can find Brightspace help at D2L's website.
Join the Brightspace Community.
Try these Brightspace How-To documents.
Visit our Brightspace FAQs for additional Brightspace information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.