The Brightspace Grades Tool is useful for providing students with up-to-date information about their current standing in the course. For instructors, it’s useful for assigning and keeping track of student grades. Students can view grade entries and monitor their progress throughout the course.
As an instructor, you can determine how to set up your Grade Book to best reflect your approach to evaluation, including the grading system and grade scheme that is most appropriate for your course. You can select how grades display to learners, how they update in the Grade Book, and how you want to deal with ungraded items. You can create grade items for projects, assignments, discussions, quizzes, etc. to include in your Grade Book, and even associate them with other tools (e.g. Assignments, Quizzes, Discussions).
Follow these steps to do it.
Listed below are links to how-to documents to help you to use the Grades Tool:
- Grades Tool Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
- Understanding the Grades Tool (video)
- Create a Grading System
- Create a Grade Scheme (video)
- Create a Grade Book Category (video)
- Create a Grade Item (video)
- Bonus Points
- Extra Credit
- Associate an Activity with a Grade Item (video)
- Enter Grades (video)
- Create Grade Exemptions (video)
- Delete Grade Items with Associations (video)
- Troubleshoot Final Grades (video)
- Export Grades (video)
- Adjust Final Grades
- Release Final Grades
- Scenario: Final calculated grade using Weighted system
- Understanding the Final Calculated Grade (pdf)
- Grades FAQ
- Final Grades FAQ
Want more information?
View all the Brightspace training recaps
Brightspace Known Issues
Continuous Delivery release notes
Request a sandbox course
Sign-up for Brightspace training sessions
You can find Brightspace help at D2L's website.
Join the Brightspace Community.
Try these Brightspace How-To documents.
Visit our Brightspace FAQs for additional Brightspace information
or schedule a one-on-one session, email, or
call Janice Florent: (504) 520-7418.
Note: Are you doing something innovative in Brightspace or perhaps you've discovered a handy tip? Share how you are using Brightspace in your teaching and learning in The Orange Room.